Methods for estimating ammonia losses from organic pig production in free range systems and in barns with outdoor pens
Time: 5 - 6 October 2015
Venue: Hovborg Kro, Holmeåvej 2, 6682 Hovborg
Site visit on day 2 at Brian Holm, Ulvehøjvej 1, Lindknud, 6650 Brørup
Presentations from the workshop can be downloaded from the program below.
- Welcome and presentation of the pEcosystem project, Anne Grete Kongsted, Aarhus University
- The demands for the pig industry to reduce ammonia losses, and specific challenges in organic systems, Kristoffer Jonassen, SEGES Pig Research Centre
- Measuring ammonia losses from manure spreading – what factors determine losses and need for measuring plot size, Andreas Parcholski, Leuphana Universität Lüneburg, Germany
- Measuring ammonia losses from open animal houses – how to handle large and variable systems, Anders Peter Adamsen, Aarhus University
- Measuring ammonia losses from agroforestry systems, Y Sim Tang, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, Bush Estate, Penicuik, UK
- Measuring ammonia losses from pastures with micrometeorological methods, Christof Amman, Agroscope Research Station, Zürich, Switzerland
- Measurements of ammonia emission from grazing animals, Sven G. Sommer, University of Southern Denmark
- Current investigations of N-balance in organic pig systems, Uffe Jørgensen, Aarhus University
See pictures from the workshop at Hovborg Kro, and from the farm visit at Brian Holm.